Sales Estimator (Fire & Security National Accounts) Leicester
· Competitive pay structure
· Bonus and commission scheme
· Long service annual leave rewards
· Company pension
· Onsite parking
· Laptop, Phone, business miles
A Bit About Us
Since Abel was established in Leicester in 1965, we’ve earned our place at the heart of the fire and security industry. We are a third generation pioneering and multi-award winning family business providing a nationwide service throughout our 13 branches.
Investing In Your Future
At Abel we recognise that employee development is paramount for the future of our business. We have established a Training & Development Strategy that will not only maintain high levels of standards across the company but will also nurture the next generation of security professionals.
The main purpose of this role is to provide design support for national account sales staff, from site survey to production of sales proposal. The successful candidate will need to be conversant with all European and British standards relating to Intruder, Fire, CCTV and Access Control Systems and represent the Company at key contract meetings liaising as necessary with both customers and consultants or their nominated contractors. This is an office based role with occasional travel to sites and overnight stays.
- Promoting the Company brand, products and services
- Conducting surveying duties whilst on site visits
- Studying proposals, drawings, specs and all related documents to prepare works to be estimated
- Compiling costs by analysing materials, time requirements and labour
- Sending out enquiries in preparation for estimates
- Attend pre-start & handover meetings with clients / managers, contract review & key account meetings
- Establish and execute monthly reports
- Liaise with operations and project teams to generate accurate quotations for works.
- Support with tendering opportunities
- Check and ensure all specifications and material schedules are correct.
- Ensure all available drawings are to hand and marked as appropriate.
- Provide support and advice in the preparation of customer manuals, where necessary.
- Check system meets agreed specifications on completion where we have design responsibility. The role also includes nights away from home.
- Achieve sales targets and objectives
- Business generation both new and from existing customers
- Being conversant with the En and BS standards relating to Intruder, Fire, CCTV and Access Control Systems
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Fire & Security industry experience essential – this role would suit someone working in fire and security engineering or sales and looking for a new challenge
· Demonstrate a high level of confidence, self-motivation, initiative, determination and commercial acumen
· Possess excellent communications skills both written and oral
· Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
· In-build tenacity and drive to succeed
· Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a keen team player in providing support to colleagues at all levels
· Flexible approach to work
· A full UK driving licence is essential for this role
· Compliance with NSI security screening requirements
If you meet the above criteria and feel you can make an impact in our well respected and evolving business, please apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £Competative and negotiable DOE
Abel Alarm is recognised for its industry standards, innovative solutions, cutting edge products and incomparable customer service and over 55 years of experience in this hugely competitive market.
We are currently looking for an experienced Fire Security Engineer with a proven technical knowledge of Fire and Security products and systems. This role is a mixture of service and installation requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of British Standards, NSI(NACOSS) and BAFE is essential
- Installation and service of our wide range of security products
- Advising customers on new products and services to improve efficiency
- Provide excellent service to customers, building solid working relationships
- Being involved in a 24 hour emergency cover rota
- Previous experience in the security industry including experience of working within commercial, residential and construction sites.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Clean criminal record as all our engineers must be DBS checked
Uniform & Power Tools
Competitive pay structure
Travel, Overtime, Call out and stand-by allowance
Commission scheme for up-sell and modifications
Employee Referral Scheme
At Abel you will not only become part of a growing team but also have the satisfaction that you are helping customers to protect what matters to them most with a reliable, consistent, and quality service.
So, if you are you ready to take the next step in your career and contribute towards making the world a safer, smarter place and want the opportunity to enhance and improve your skills; why not apply.
Abel Alarm is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Salary: £Competative and negotiable DOE